Friday, October 18, 2013

RBF

have five stages of exhaustion. 
The first stage is sleepy. It's a mild stage, easily cured with a cup of coffee or three. Lately, this has been the main stage of existence. It's not a hard one to handle, so I've gotten used to it. 
The second stage is resting bitch face. My attitude is still the same. I'm still happy and sarcastic, but I've lost the ability to control my face. While I might be saying, "No, no, don't worry about it.  I'll take care of it.  Easy." My face will be saying, 'Really? I have to do this now, too? Great.'  To fix this, I have to constantly remind myself to 'fix my face' and drink more coffee. Coffee saves the world. 
I know I'm entering into the third stage when I'm failing at fixing my face. I know that because people start asking if I'm okay. They tend to stop asking when I officially reach stage three: resting bitch attitude. I don't usually get this this far into the cycle. It's the point of no return. Im so exhausted and just plain grumpy, but I can't sleep. My body won't let me. I just lay there, eyes closed, trying to will myself into sleep. But I can't. I have to finish the cycle. So, for anyone who encounters me during stage, go the other way. 
This morning, I entered stage four. I was up at four fifteen to coffee automatically brewing. That is seriously the best way to wake up, especially at this stage. Bounce out of bed, spill creamer on the counter, grab a cup and get ready in record time. This is the listen to musicals and 90s music and sing at the top of my lungs between fits of self-administered giggles stage. This is the most fun I've had in weeks. It's the elevator drop right before it stops. 
...and then it stops. Then I enter the final stage. Where I fall asleep as soon as I run out of fuel. In my car outside my apartment. In the tub. At my desk. On the floor...right next to my bed. In the closet, finding pajamas. I just run out and stop. This stage doesn't even have a name. It's just the end. I will finally get rest. I will sleep for 15 hours straight and I will be me again. 
I hope I can put that stage off for a while today... As comfortable as this room is becoming, I have to work until about 7pm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment