Thursday, September 26, 2013

Wine, wine, wine.

Most of my days end with a sigh and a glass of wine. Yesterday was entire bottle. 
Oh, yes, self medicating is bad, but doctors also say a glass of red wine with dinner is good for you. 
If a little is good, more must be better!
Today, though, was good. I didn't get much done, but I feel good about what it did do. 
I have a girl who has been through a hell most people couldn't imagine. She lives in constant fear of returning to a similar hell, and tomorrow, she has a very real chance of actually doing so. I don't think that would happen, but it is a possible outcome. Worst case scenario. 
I talked with her until I couldn't speak any longer. She cried and she yelled and everyone was a bitch and everyone was out to get her. It took every ounce of strength I had not to cry, too. 
So why, was today a good day?
I left her with dry eyes and hope. If I can just do that, then every bad day is worth it. 
Today, today was magical. Today ended with pumpkin spice m&ms. Also, a glass of wine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment