Wednesday, September 4, 2013

nonsense.

I had such high hopes for the day. I was going to get so much paperwork done! One appointment. One little physical and the day would be mine. 
How silly of me to be optimistic. 
I've learned the pattern and yet, each time I have a day like today, it surprises me.  
How in the hell is it already 315 in the afternoon? And what do I have to show for it?
I not only should have known based on the pattern, but also by the fact that the doctor's office I visited was an office I've visited often. An office with which I was familiar. An office with fantastic coffee. An office that had fantastic coffee.
As soon as I walked in the door, my eyes went straight to the corner table. The table where the coffee sat. It was empty. I stood, with my travel mug, and my heart, empty. 
First sign of a bad day! I'm not usually dramatic over coffee...except I am.  Especially when I then have to sit in a 32 degree exam room for an hour and a half, in a short dress, with no coffee.  And there went my day. I have to take her back to work now, then to my office, then scan the 27 documents the state is asking for, then print off 27 different documents for the houses, take said documents to the house, and it's five pm. 
Nothing is finished. 
Nothing ever gets finished. 
Oh, drama drama, stress stress. 
Time for a glass of wine. 
Rinse, and repeat tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment