Tuesday, July 9, 2013

expectations

I think part of the reason, okay most of the reason, I have a terrible time at every doctor's office I visit is that I have hope. I have hope that when I walk in, I'll be greeted by a handsome man in some sort of medical profession (my hope is not picky). 
One of my girls has either caught onto this, or she just likes to tease me. The first time I took her to her primary she gushed about his perfect hair for 20 minutes. In walks a lanky old man who tells stories about his grand kids. 
The first time I took her for her psych she did almost the same thing. I didn't buy it this time, although I did have a small speck of optimism in the back of my mind. This time I got an ex-football player looking man who maybe hadn't let go of that time. He included me in the conversation more than he probably should, but it wasn't until he said "I bet when Laura's wet," instead of "I bet when Laura's upset," that I felt it was time to go.  I may have only taken psych in high school, but I know what a Freudian Slip is, sir. 
Maybe I just shouldn't have any expectations. Then I can just just be surprised with every bit of craziness I encounter. Including this incredibly outdated office I'm in right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment